Digital Marketing Framework & Strategy
Business and Customer Strategy
1. Understanding the marketplace
2. Marketing Strategy and Planning
3. STP - Define segments and the role segmentation plays in marketing
4. Define your audience and build a target persona with a customer empathy map.
5. Define the core components of a business (value proposition, business model, customer).
6. Explain your business model and write an elevator pitch> Sales pitch USP
7. Define Digital Marketing, explore its evolution and the current landscape.
1. Identify how data is used to map marketing back to channels and the consumer journey.
2. Discuss the role of data, metrics, and KPIs in digital marketing.
3. Explain the process of launch, collect, review, change.
4. Practice setting marketing objectives and determining KPIs for those objectives.
5. Discuss key metrics like ROI, CAC, and LTV.
Digital Marketing & SEO
Digital Marketing Strategy & Channels
1. Describe the landscape of channels today and how channels are used.
2. Differentiate between between broadcast, direct, and social channels.
3. Identify the relevance and role of various channels for your business and customers.
4. Define channels that you will use in campaigns, and where your approach is paid, earned, or owned.
5. Explain how to use multichannel marketing to market to the right customers at the right time.
1. Review SEO and its role in marketing.
2. Identify keywords for your business and their use for growth.
3. Develop an SEO strategy.
4. Learn how to improve page rankings for relevant terms.
5. Use keyword tools for research and write SEO tactics for your web content.
6. Compare results from different SEO tactics and approaches.
Paid Social & Advertising
Paid Search, AdWords, & SEM
1. Perform keyword research analyzing search volume and competition.
2. Apply keyword and search intent targeting to your business.
3. Define click bidding and bid management, budgeting.
4. Create your own AdWords campaigns.
5. Evaluate results and optimize AdWords.
6. Review key metrics and KPIs for SEM.
1. Outline the process for running a social ad campaign.
2. Create and manage a social ad campaign for Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram.
3. Identify the data that is available from social media platforms and how it can be used.
4. Create and distribute UTM-coded links.
5. Interpret metrics to optimize paid social strategies across platforms.
6. Select appropriate social media platforms for a brand and specific campaigns.
7. Structure smaller tests to influence a larger campaign's direction.
Content Marketing & Social
1. Outline the process for developing content campaigns.
2. Create a content plan with key messaging, content mapping, distribution and measurement.
3. Develop a Native Advertising strategy to increase targeted reach of your content.
4. Assess which content marketing tactics meet specific marketing and business goals.
5. Determine the key metrics for measuring and optimizing content marketing tactics.
Content Marketing & Social Media
1. Distinguish best uses and approaches to the primary social platforms.
2. Select appropriate influencers for your project and determine your influencer outreach strategy.
3. Curate and modify digital content across your social channels.
4. Determine the role of community management in social media marketing.
5. Identify metrics and KPIs for measuring impact of social media.
Marketing Acquisition & Conversion Rate Optimization
Landing Pages, UX, & Lead Generation
1.Review best practices of digital marketing UX.
2. Explore how on-site marketing works and the ways to optimize those efforts.
3. Evaluate the design, functionality, and effectiveness of landing pages.
4. Develop landing pages and forms for your business.
A/B Testing & Marketing Optimization
1. Utilize best practices for conducting A/B tests across channels.
2. Consider various reporting techniques to communicate results.
3. Develop optimization strategies to meet overall marketing goals.
4. Describe potential outcomes, benefits, and risks when employing A/B testing and experiments.
5. Set up and apply A/B tests to your business.
6. Use Optimizely to explore and implement a test.
7. Discuss Conversion Rate Optimization.
Customer Engagement & Retention
CRM & CCM
1. Plan and prepare lifecycle marketing strategies.
2. Map content and channels (like email) to your customer's lifecycle.
3. Customer support channels
4. Reataining unsatisfied customers with effective Customer Complaing Management
Email Marketing, Referrals, & Winbacks
1. Plan, execute, and measure email marketing campaigns.
2. Define retargeting and understand the mechanics of the tactic.
3. Identify the approaches to increasing referrals and apply to your business.
4. Explore key winback tactics, when to use them, and how to measure effectiveness. Identify the most relevant retention and referral metrics and KPIs.
5. Design a referral campaign or program.
Analytics, Data, & Reporting
Metrics, Sources, & KPIs Revisited
1. Identify and use valid statistical techniques when performing analysis.
2. Setup and apply the basics of Google Analytics, including core concepts like Goal Tracking, and micro and macro conversions.
3. Describe statistical techniques and common equations used to measure performance.
4. Describe and compare strengths and weaknesses of attribution models (last click, time decay, multichannel).
5. Create and use a cohort report.
Google Analytics Deep Dive
1. Use Google Analytics to access, manipulate, and report data.
2. Use Google Analytics to find insights.
3. Explore features and uses of Google Analytics - audience, behavior, conversions, attribution, reporting, funnel analysis.
Facebook Deep Dive
1. Create and execute Facebook advertising campaign.
2. Explore Power Editor and its uses.
3. Discover the targeting capabilities and features available to Facebook advertisers.
4. Use Facebook analytics to review, understand, report data.
5. Optimize Facebook ad campaigns with data.
Growth hacking & Gamification
1. The power of Gamification.
2. Defining and exploring Gamification as a powerful tool for enhancing business results
3. Types of gamification, benefits and application: Who should gamify?
4. Learn how to use 6D design framework for creating well structured games
5. Case studes of very successful applications of gamification
Storytelling & Budget Planning
Storytelling & Persuasion Marketing
1. Define the key elements of storytelling and useful storytelling models.
2. Discuss storytelling examples as they pertain to marketing.
3. Practice copywriting techniques.
4. Apply storytelling and pitch techniques to your presentation.
Campaign Planning & Budgeting
1. Identify tactics for planning and controlling marketing spend.
2. Practice planning and budgeting in accordance with the needed outcome.
3. Define the typical expenses of common channels and tactics.
4. Articulate a plan and budget for your project and defend your decisions.